Who won E3 2016?


tl;dr: Sony > Bethesda > Ubisoft > EA > Microsoft > Nintendo

Before I begin, I want to give a big shout out to IGN for always having an awesome stream each year, packed with content. It really makes my day to watch with you all and listen to the before and after show commentaries. Thanks! Keep it up!

Nintendo had amiibo to look at. Zelda looks like if The Witcher 3 got stripped of gameplay and had cartoon graphics. E3 Rating: 1/10

The only Microsoft exclusive I’m interested in is Cuphead. That game looks amazing. Although, I must give MS credit for bring Gwent on stage (I will be buying it for PS4). Lots of stuff that many people will enjoy, not a lot of stuff for me (I don’t like shooters). E3 Rating: 7/10

EA has Mass Effect Andromeda. I cannot wait to get back into that universe. E3 Rating: 7.5/10

The Fractured, But Whole is a South Park game from Ubisoft, and the presentation made me legit laugh out loud. The whole thing where Cartman asks you to sit and then says, “Not there.” Too funny! Watch Dogs 2 looks fun as well. The host, Aisha Tyler is great and weird. E3 Rating: 8/10

Bethesda doesn’t need to do much to make me happy. Skyrim Remastered and Nuka World + Build-your-own Vault DLC is all I needed to wow me. The other games weren’t for me, but were impressive nonetheless. I really want to watch someone else play Prey. Also, I want to play Fallout 4 in VR (I hope it comes to PSVR!). E3 Rating: 9/10

Sony is where E3 was at. Unveiling a Spiderman game that actually looks like they’re putting effort into it is awesome. Horizon: Zero Dawn look inventive and crazy fun. I’m also very excited about Playstation’s VR. Batman in VR, Star Wars in VR. Amazing. E3 Rating: 9/10

So, in my opinion (which is my own, and it’s fine that yours is different)….

Sony wins E3

At this show….

Horizon: Zero Dawn wins as game of the show

H: ZD is my pick this year because it just looks so creative. I want to battle robot dinos in a post-apocalyptic open world with futuristic cave man weapons! Yes! I can’t wait to play this one.


Past Years:

No comments:

Post a Comment