Pokémon Go

 This game is cool. I almost dropped money on a new phone, just so I could play more.
I think if I lived in the middle of a city, I would put money into this game. But, living in a cornfield, there just aren't many Pokéstops/Gyms/Pokémon to be found nearby. Back when I lived in Seattle, my bus ride/walk to work each day would have been perfect for this game.



I think this is a big step toward the dream of Pokémon in real life.
    
When I was a kid, I tried to convince another kid that there were real Pokémon in the world. I also made a card game that a bunch of kids played during recess, all way before the actual card game came out (actually, before the games even came out). I first saw Pokémon in Nintendo Power magazine, and I fell in love with the concept. I knew the names of many of the Pokémon before having ever played the games.


My favorite capture so far. I love the creepy ones.

I designed a Pokémon once on this blog. I still think it's a great idea. I love Halloween, and as such, I usually find the most ridiculous Pokémon to declare as my favorites. I'm really loving this one at the moment:




 more pics after the jump...


Nidoran is standing on thin air.
 In ten years, I wonder what the evolution of this game will be like. Imagine technology actually recognizing where furniture/real pets/televisions/other people are, and Pokémon reacting to it.



Pokemon Go is the sequel to Pokemon Snap that we deserve.
 Taking pictures is my favorite part. Pokémon Snap was one of the best N64 games, and Go has the potential to evolve into a AR sequel. I hope they build on the photo-taking aspect of Go.

Zubat spawned on my computer screen.
Not gonna lie, I wish I could unlock Playstation Trophies for playing Pokémon games...

No comments:

Post a Comment