Every 2016 Movie I Saw, Ranked


Note: I only saw Fantastic Beasts, The Jungle Book, and Rogue One in theatres. The rest were bought, borrowed, or Netflix’d. Kids movies were likely seen at the school I teach at.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Deadpool
Batman: The Killing Joke
Rogue One
The Jungle Book
Captain America: Civil War
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
X-Men: Apocalypse
Zootopia
The Divergent Series: Allegiant

So, a blurb here: I love Harry Potter very, very much. FB&WtFT was wonderful for me because I am prone to being absorbed into the wizarding world. Nothing compared to it, mostly for that reason. Deadpool surprised me. I don’t usually like ultra-violence, but the humor was so well crafted and you could feel the love the filmmakers put into this. Ryan Reynolds wanted this very badly, and it shows. He did a fantastic job. I only hope the sequel isn’t “corporatized” to the point of losing the soul that made the first one so great.

The Killing Joke wasn’t perfect, but it is great. I love that they got the classic voice cast back to do it. Mark is the perfect Joker, for realz. Rogue One was flashy and action-fun, but I didn’t think the story or characters were that inspired. I loved that robot, though. The Jungle Book, I saw, on a date that ended badly, but I enjoyed the music and the CGI was gorgeous. CA: Civil War surprised me because nobody of importance dies, which felt wrong, somehow. Also, I didn’t really get why Cap and Iron Man were fighting. Seems like the issue could have been solved another way. Batman V Supes… well, Ben Affleck was great but the story was overlong and Wonder Woman was only in it for the Justice League. X-men was fun but crazy. Zootopia’s drug-trafficking theme felt odd in a kids’ movie. Allegiant is like Hunger Games but with a thicker romance.

IN OTHER NEWS

I also wanted to post this small thing. It’s a website that turns scribbles into cats and other stuff. Just thought it was funny:



No comments:

Post a Comment