The END of Game of Thrones (and what I envision comes after)


SPOILERS



SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS


So, my thoughts: This season should have been longer. A million people have been saying that, but it’s so true. What is also true is that other stories (as movies) are told in a compact 2 hours. We’ve gotten more than that. Much more. We’ve gotten more character development than many 2 hour movies. So, I wish there was more, but I am thankful for all we’ve gotten.

Game of Thrones changed TV, normalized fantasy for non-fantasy people, much in the way that Marvel movies brought superheroes to non-nerds. Lord of the Rings never achieved that, really. Game of Thrones is for anyone (adult).

The ending is fine. I’m fine with Dany snapping. It’s war and bloodlust makes you crazy. I’m fine with Bran as king (although it came out of nowhere in the show, I think the books will do better). I think Arya should have died, but she got a Frodo-type ending. She’s too messed up in the brain for this world, so she sails west of west. Sure.

I was actually hoping Jamie Lannister would become Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. Washing away his sins by taking the black and finding a new calling, meanwhile his not-so-love Brienne is LC of the King’s Guard (which happened). I guess the other option for Night’s Watch is Theon.
 
I don’t like that Sansa betrayed Jon and was rewarded for it. She played the game of thrones and won, so it seems.

I get that Jon is Prince not King that was promised, so won’t become king. I guess this is where my biggest problem is. Tyrion argued for Bran because of his story. Who has a better story than Bran? Jon, duh. Hid as a bastard his whole life, is actually the rightful heir to the throne secretly, turned down King Stannis to serve as LC of the Night’s Watch, took on the King beyond the wall and infiltrated his camps, resurrected by the Lord of Light, united sworn enemies, Kingindanorf, reclaimed Winterfell, rode a dragon, killed a White Walker, led the fight against the army of the dead.

Bran was pushed out of a tower and gained psychic powers from a tree, wasn’t even in all the seasons of the show...

Jon’s complete self-sacrifice and willingness to do what is right with no reward is on top of his better story. But Grey Worm held him, so he wasn’t considered. Even though he’s the rightful heir.

But then Grey Worm left, so...

I could see Jon returning, someday. With his wildling wife and children. After ten years, as Tyrion put it, and not claiming the throne, but being elected to it after Bran. That’s how my fan fic is written, anyway. Jon, finding a new love in the true north, and then returning to take his place.

Especially, since, in my fan fic, Drogon flies off and lays eggs. Dragons are still in the world, and now Jon’s children will get the eggs. Maybe even Drogon finds Jon in the north-north, and lays the eggs there before dying. I imagine Jon’s three kids each getting an egg.

We’ll see how the books go!


SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS
 


No comments:

Post a Comment