It Surrounds And Binds Us All, a poem by Harrison Aye


The Poem:
it's the rift from which you came,
it surrounds and binds us all,
it's a drink from the plainer cup,
it's embodied ecstasy.
...life.

it's the bridge from which you came,
it surrounds and binds us all,
it's the taste of sweat and soil,
it has the air of ecstasy.
...love.





This was a poem I wrote a long time ago while getting over someone I loved. I won't say that I still feel the same way as when I wrote it, but I came upon the recorded sung version and decided to make a video out of it. It obviously compares the essence of life to that of love, the similarities and differences. The shared experiences. The way that love and create life, and life creates love.

I always loved the phrase, "it surrounds and binds us all." It's sort of a force/power/magical thought, but also very down to earth. Love is everywhere; life is everywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment