My Nintendo Diet


Kind of an oxymoron, right? Well, that is what I wanted to attempt to do in this previous blog post. That was in December of 2013. I know, crazy, right? Why didn’t I ever update my blog about my progress?

le sigh

I know, excuses to not follow through with weight loss are a dime a dozen, but I ran into an issue. I had been doing so well for like 3 weeks, checking every day and doing an hour of exercise. Eating healthy and nixing my soda intake. But… then… my Wii Fit game disk got scratched up so bad it wouldn’t work. My Nintendo was on the fritz, too. So, yeah, I sorta got discouraged. And busy, and excuse, excuse… sorry.

BUT NOW I’M BACK, FROM OUTERSPACE!

I bought myself a Wii U and the new version of Wii Fit, which comes with a step-counter. It’s a much-improved version, and so I’m going to once again try and make this diet thing happen. No, really. I mean it.

I’ve been tooling around with it, trying to decide which games and exercises will be a regular part of my workouts. I dig the new rock climbing game and the water-shooter. The trampoline isn’t fun, but it got my heart beating. I took a walk—I really love the new step counter. It tallies up your steps and calories like experience points and shows how far you would have gotten if you had been in New York or other major cities. It’s fun.

Because I need working out to be a game. I need it to be like earning experience points, because working out hurts and is boring. I’m not a hamster; I don’t like running and running and not getting anywhere, not doing anything else. Video game workouts seem to me to be the one thing that might make my mind occupied enough to keep at it.

Anyway, we’ll see.

I am going to try and do another blog about this after doing this for a few weeks, so I’ll update here if I do. Click that little follow button on the sidebar to keep up with my posts! Follow me @Oxyborb and check out my website at http://www.harrisonaye.com Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment