The Drawing Of The Three

I finished reading this book. It is the second book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.

SPOILERS for it ahead



I'm not sure I liked it as much as the first. The Gunslinger is one of my favorite books, ever. I was so excited to start Part 2, but it was hard for me to get through.

I guess the first reason is that I'm very anti-drugs. I've never done any drugs, and I don't know anything about them, so I just don't understand addiction. I know SK had to cope with that, so Eddie is just not a character I relate to.

Also, even though SK even explains how Detta is a stereotype, I still have a hard time stomaching her. She's such a harsh stereotype of a black woman that I just don't enjoy her scenes. I started book 3, hoping I'll like it since Eddie's off drugs and Detta has been merged into a new character, but we'll see.

SK's writing is still top notch, though. I just didn't relate to the characters at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment